Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter from Samantha Fox

Got your attention there, didn't it? It's been a nice, quiet Easter so far. Went to the movies with 3A Gurl and we saw The Producers. As you can probably tell by now, I have a rather corny sense of humour which means I am a huge fan of Mel Brookes. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Men In Tights ... I love them all.


Watching The Producers during Passover had a tongue-in-cheek irony about it that appealed to me. And this irony carried right into the late afternoon as I checked my emails and all the comments on this blog and it's sister site of shameless begging. Following a visitor to his site, I noticed that he had a post about his celebrity lookalike. Very interesting ...


I've been told I look like so many people because of my mixed heritage that I feel like a 5 ft 2 1/2 patchwork. I wondered if
MyHeritage Face Recognition would be up to the challenge of pinpointing my heritage and supposed doppelgangers. It would be even more daunting considering that I have cultural heritage face days. One day I wake up and I look Chinese, the next Malay, and another Indian, Nepalese, Thai, Eurasian and so on ... The advantage was that growing up, each relative prided himself/herself as the one who had "gifted" me with his/her features so Christmas was kind of nice.


Anyway, I decided to load a colour copy of my profile photo and voila! Apparently I have a 73% resemblance to Samantha Fox and Renee Zellweger. I do not think I need to say anymore. Just look at the pictures. I never quite saw myself as a blonde ... maybe I should buy a blonde wig ...




Of course, this may be a survey error so I loaded a different picture of me and patiently waited for the results. It's even more amazing this time! Apparently I must be Renee Zellweger's lookalike after all! Because she topped at 73% resemblance again but this time they tried to mess with me by posting a picture of her as a brunette! But the others clocking in at 71% were even more surprising. I apparently am the double for -




There can only be two explanations for this. One is that my mixed heritage is enough to confuse not only human beings but machines. Two, the software sucks. Still, it was interesting to see how I might be perceived - of course this has answered no questions, just raised my eyebrow in bemusement.


I think I need to print these into cards for the next time a taxi driver asks me, "What you ah?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Pille said...

What a beautiful line-up, you lucky girl!
Pille, of totally unmixed heritage, humbly looking from far below..

11:44 pm  
Blogger K Allrich said...

He he he. Interesting & crazy! I'm a mixed heritage bundle myself. [Sorry I haven't been around much - still packing & getting ready to move. Will attempt the ATWM meme maybe in May, if we find a house; if not - then June or July!]

2:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tool is a kick! You did get a nice line-up of results! I got either Dean Martin, Nick Cave or Meg Ryan(!?). I'll stick with Nick Cave for now!

11:01 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Pille - I think the line-up is screwed up actually. I look nothing like any of those ladies!

Karina - Your mixed too? Kewl! Take your time with the meme. It can wait. A roof over your head can't! I sure hope you find a house soon. I know how unsettling that can be.

Surfindaave - Actually I got a bloke on my line up too! Some guy called Joi Tai or something. Bizarre!

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home