Saturday, February 25, 2006

Light At the End of the Tunnel

I feel like singing and dancing for joy! Except that I have a smidgeon of compassion for mankind so I will refrain from singing. I am the world's most horrendous warbler - of the variety that do not even attempt to sing in the bathroom for fear of frightening themselves.


And I would dance ... if I had the energy! Just as I was feeling terribly morose and sorry for myself, I received the most wonderful phone call from my bestest of besterest friend in the world. The person I miss most out of all the human being set upon this earth. Graeme had called all the way from San Diego, the loathsome place I cast many surly thoughts at for so entrancing my friend that he has essentially emigrated there, to inform me that he was coming to Singapore to visit me!


I would be dancing the Dance of Joy right now if not for fear that I would be doing the Face Off of Joy with Ground instead. This is the best news I had received in years! I am beside myself with delight! Although I am not entirely sure I like the reasons for this sudden holiday, I am certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I shall be counting the days till the Staedtler to my Waldorf arrives!


Till then, I will be crossing my fingers and hoping that nothing arises that will change his plans as I shall be horribly gutted if Graeme did not come now. Oh such delicious anticipation!

Categories - Rambling Prose

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph, still looking into it - the air fares are going all over the place right now. Hopefully I'll get something over the weekend!!! Will keep you posted! But, price went up suddenly to $1200 for dates I wanted to travel...

P.S. what's the Hotel M near Shenton Way like? It's near Tanjong Pagar MRT and near Duxton Rd where I used to work, but is it any good - it looked nice on the site, but it might be tired now, for all i know...

Graeme

5:06 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Graeme baby, am pouting already. The M Hotel is not too bad actually as they just unerwent a huge renovation a couple of years ago. I don't know about the rooms but I performed there before and the ballroom looked pretty new to me. Er, other than that I've only seen the bar which is quite cool in decor but very very quiet - some friends play there. Not your kind of music though ... actually not really mine too ...

The MRT station is nearby but the walk in the night can be a little dodgy. The street leading to the train station is kinda quiet and dark.

On the positive side, there are a number of really cool little bars just after the train station, which I think would appeal to you. One of them kind of reminds me of the sports bar Todd and you brought me to except there was no lone straight guy for Todd to rescue me from. LOL.

12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph - just sent you an e-mail - it's all confirmed. I'll see you in the last week of March!

4:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home