Sinful Breakfast - Chocolate & Banana Sandwich
After being so health-conscious and good yesterday, I felt that I could now go to the dark side. Oh yes ... dark ... dark chocolate.
I'd been craving dark chocolate (like that's unusual ...) and I still had the little drops of semi-bittersweet chocolate in my pantry as well as two bananas so ripe they were on the verge of self-mushilation. I also had those walnut buns from Cheese Sammich Day and I am desperate to use these up before they started going stale. The humidity in Singapore makes everything go off so much faster than normal.
So, since yesterday was saintly restraint day, today had to be sinful indulgence. Blurry-eyed and slow from sleep, I started putting together a sweet treat for myself.
Chocolate & Banana Sandwich
1 small walnut bun
Half a small ripe banana
Semi-bittersweet chocolate drops or flakes
1. Slice the bun in half horizontally
2. Spread the cream cheese onto the cut sides of the bun
3. Sprinkle the chocolate drops on the bottom half of the bun
4. Slice the bananas and lay them on top of the chocolate drops
5. Sprinkle a little more chocolate drops on top
6. Cover with the other half of the bun and squish the sandwich slightly to set
7. Zap in the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt the chocolate
8. Eat while hot (carefully!) with a cold glass of milk
9. Go back to bed
The sandwich was scrumptious but I think the next time I make this, I will trickle a stream of amber honey over the banana layer as I think it could do with a bit more sweetness. The dark chocolate was fabulous though and I was licking my fingers as it oozed out from between its golden banana and cheese captors.
I seldom eat breakfast but a sinful breakfast like this is worth repeating. A deserved 8.5/10 for taste to this sweet start to the day but an admonishing 6/10 for being naughtily unhealthy.
Categories - Sweet Thang, Call Me Others