Tuesday, September 13, 2005

God Dengue

Sick as a dog over the weekend and still suffering the depths of hell here. I've apparently contracted a viral infection .. no, not the Avian flu ... and thankfully not dengue fever too. I've said this many times and I am sure I will say it again. Doctors in Singapore suck.

I had the worse migraine over the weekend. The sort where just opening your eyes and having any light hit felt like shards of glass slashing into every nerve in your head. Went to see the local quack and he told me that I had tension headaches. OK ... why does my throat hurt and my bones ache then? His response was to give me an arsenal of medicine. All of which, sans one, made me pass out upon consumption.

Finally, even more ill than before, I went to another clinic - and got sent to the hospital in a mad panic. They thought I might have dengue fever as there appears to be an outbreak in my area and my neighbour is suspected to have contracted it too. Bugger, bugger, bugger ... I cannot tell you how I hate hospitals.

At the local public hospital where they carted me off to, it was a bloody long wait for my turn. At this point I am so ill and groggy I am not quite sure what I am there for. So I wait. And wait. And wait. Mind you, I did not have my mobile phone or watch on me so I had no concept how long I was in there and the one clock I spotted was so far from me, I could not make out the hour hand from the second hand. I reckon I waited for about 2 hours. Not kidding.

It was finally my turn and the doctor read the note from the GP and handed me off to a nurse. Who drew my blood and I got sent out again to wait. And wait I did for another hour I think. By the time I got to see the doctor again, I found out that I fortunately did not have dengue fever but lucky me had a viral infection. Apparently a carryover from the really bad flu I had about 2 weeks ago which (they informed me critically) was aggravated because I did not take care to recover fully from before I exerted myself. Exerted myself?? All I did was work .. not as if I went and climbed the bloody Himalayas!

Anyway, they gave me an injection and packed me off with an arsenal of medicine. All of which this time made me pass out.

I really hate doctors.


Categories - Rambling Prose

3 Comments:

Blogger 3A Gurl said...

Wondered what happened to you? Cos total silence and don't seem to meet up with you on MSN. Hope you get well soon

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon. I miss your blogging!

7:26 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks guys. Back in the office for the first time since the collapse from the worst viral flu I have ever had. And they were worried I might have bronchitis since the ole lungs were taking a fair beating. Am weak but typing.

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home