Friday, September 23, 2005

Deer Mee

I have had a total of 5 hours sleep in the last two days. Everything is at crunch point and I am racing against the clock. Thank goodness I am on one of my prolific writing periods so I managed to produce two press releases, 3 direct marketing cover letters, one email blast, 2 brochures text, 1 proposal and 2 curatorial write-ups in these two days. I know ... everyone has been kowtowing to me at work, muttering "We are not worthy ... and we fear you ..." LOL.

I am barely standing now and coming home from work in the taxi I actually dozed off countless times. I decided to buy some flowers to brighten my bedroom so if I have to burn the midnight oil, at least I can have something beautiful to rest my tired eyes on. They're really pretty but I have no clue what they are. The florist tried to tell me but I did not understand her English so I just paid for them, smiled cluelessly and scurried away.




I also got a message from BB today - remember her from the dance concert. She told me that the photos from my performance were ready and to go to her studio to peruse them so I can place my order. I was appalled but unsurprised. Let's see .. get the twit to perform for you for free, take photos of her performing for you for free, then charge her for the photos. Nice ...

I, of course, did not have time to cook so on the way home, I bought dinner at a nearby food court. Never ate there but someone told me the czecha (hope that is the right spelling) place is rather good. Thank God the lady could speak English. After the day I had I was not quite up to trying to communicating in my half-baked Chinese. She recommended a number of dishes and as I started zoning out, I heard the words "Dear me ..."

"Gesundheit," I muttered.

"Sorry? Oh .. *giggles* .. no, no, I said you should try our deer mee."

"Er ... Bambi?"

Actually I love venison but I am used to the way they serve it in the Chinese restaurants ... hotplate, baby! ... or in stew, German style. So I was intrigued by this dear me business. She recommended the venison noodles cooked in a black sauce with hor fun noodles. Interesting.

Always game to try something new, I ordered it. It was delicious. The sauce was overflowing and the venison was tender and tasty .. and fresh! The noodles were a bit clumped together but I think it was only because I walked home and it took a while as I was also dragging my mega-tonne computer bag and briefcase home. But after some jiggling around of the noddles in the sauce, problem solved. It was really yummy. I foresee more visits to that food court. I think the lady suspected I would too as she gave me their card and told me I could always call them for takeaway. Smart woman. Am I that obvious?? LOL.

Right, back to work as all my deadlines are up tomorrow - I essentially have less than 3 weeks to pull together two exhibitions so it's no sleep till then. Worse, we are moving our office - OK, just next door but we still have to pack all our artworks, files etc - and I have had no time to think about it till Sat as I do not even have time to go to the loo! When it rains, it bloody pours.

Crack whip over myself as I go back to work. Bloody slave driver.

Categories - Rambling Prose

3 Comments:

Blogger 3A Gurl said...

BB really something! The least she can offer performers are a few photos of their performance. Actually she should give you a copy of the event video tape, at least that of your performance. Know any etiquette school we can send her to?

4:34 pm  
Blogger 3A Gurl said...

erm...forgot to comment on the flowers. They look like carnations but I have never seen carnations that colour before unless they are the genetically modified type.

4:35 pm  
Blogger 3A Gurl said...

err..come to think of it...i think the flowers are camellias.

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home