Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Alive

Just when you thought it was safe ...

Thanks to everyone who emailed, sms-ed and called during this week when I was almost at death's door. The food poisoning that turned out to be a stomach bug that almost took me out led on to bronchitis from a reaction I had from the drips, making me bed ridden on a hospital bed for a whole week. It's been fun ... NOT!

Back on solid food (finally) the last two days but my appetite seems to have left me and I still cannot eat more than a few spoonfuls. So I reckon this blog is going to be a bit of, i.e. even more of, a bore till I get it back.

However, this incarceration has forced me to contemplate where I am going with my life. Apparently, it is going nowhere but to an early grave, according to the doctors. I need to get a grip on the 15-18-hours-days, every day work lifestyle. So, according to one doctor, even if I get a low-paying receptionist job that allows me to at least get home and have at least 8 hours sleep 7 days a week, that is preferable to a job that will kill me before I hit 40. Alarmist? Maybe. A pain in the butt? Definitely. But I think he might be on to something. The last two months have been insane and me becoming so sick and not recovering at all is not something I want to be a constant feature in my life.

Worse, I have not been dancing in any form because I have had no time. Not even in my own room. Not even marking steps in my head - the only thing that kept me going during the dark days I could not dance. Dance was taken away from me when I was in my mid- to late-20s and I had to painfully regained again. To lose it again is a slap in the face for every sweat- and pain-filled moment and step I had to take to gain the privilege to dance again. And this time, I did it to myself - not illness, not a husband, not doctors ... me. It is time to evaluate. It's scary but I will try to be brave.

I will try to update soon as I get better. Now I have to go to bed before the body breaks down even more.

Thanks again for all your concern, mates. I appreciate it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds really awful to be that sick. I'm glad you're getting better.

8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, I was wondering what happened to you, babes. Why didn't you tell me in your PMs on Crusade?

*hugs* I'm very glad to hear you're better now. You're not croaking on me without Billy getting his dance, you hear? *shakes finger scoldingly* Besides, you and I have to eat dinner here first: http://www.monsoonrestaurant.com/

No arguments from you, y'hear? Or else! :P *hugs again*

5:57 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ta so much, Oslo, Kalyn & Nishi. The meds I'm on are strong! They make me sleep all the time - very annoying. And right now I am not so keen on food - can't eat much. Kalyn, saw her site and the little girl is sooooo cute!

12:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home